How to claim and manage your .crypto domain

You can now manage domains stored on your Ledger with Metamask and Guest Manage. To claim a domain to a hardware wallet like Ledger or Trezor please see this post.

To learn more about using Ledger with Guest Manage please see this guide.

What is claiming?

Claiming is the process of pushing your domains from our database on to the blockchain, and into your cryptocurrency wallet. Once a domain is claimed, the user has full custody over their domain. If you wish to use, sell or gift a domain - you must first claim it .

We recommend claiming .crypto domains to a Metamask desktop wallet and you should take note of the following points:

• Web page needs to be refreshed after adding the Metamask extension
  • Metamask wallet needs to be unlocked with your password
  • Metamask needs to be available for all sites (can be reset when not managing your domains)
  • Have all other web3 wallet extensions disabled
  • Have pop up blockers disabled

Choose a web3 wallet guide below:

Desktop - (Select “Web3” when connecting to our website)

• Metamask (Desktop/Browser) - Recommended and the extension can be downloaded from here. You must restart your browser after adding the extension.

• Opera (Desktop/Mobile/Browser)

• Brave (Desktop//Browser) change the default settings from Ask to Crypto Wallet or Metamask from Menu, Settings, Extensions for Web3 provider for using Dapps.

Mobile - (on iOS only Coinbase Wallet / on Android all mobile wallets)

If your wallet is not in this guide, try following the steps of a different one above. This process should be very similar in other mobile wallets that also have a dapp browser. (e.g. Enjin)

hi guys,
i have successfully claimed my .crypto address using MetaMask+Ledger HW wallet, but only after trying to manage my address i have noticed the bug on MetaMask+Ledger and am unable to manage or transfer my address since.
please help?

2 Likes

We expect to be able to provide Metamask with a GitHub push request in the coming weeks to enable Ledger wallet owners to manage their domains.

It’s possible to transfer your domain now from the Ledger hardware wallet via a 3rd party website. Please email support@unstoppabledomains.com if you you would like details of how to do the transfer.

1 Like

Many thanks Paul, I’ll be giving it a couple of weeks and hope for the issue to be resolved.

1 Like

I claimed my domain with Trust wallet, and transferred it to another wallet, but the status of my domain under My Domains shows: Pending Claim. Knowing that my domain is transferred to another wallet.

We will be updating the user interface in the next couple of days and then the domain should be visible in your account.

Hi @PaulC, is there any update on the GitHub push for Metamask?
Thanks.

Claimed one domain with my metamask wallet and linked one of my btc addresses and eth address but it says invalid bitcoin address when I try to send to the domain?
Claimed another domain with my metamask wallet linked to my ledger and this one is unable to save changes when trying to set my ETH/LTC/BTC addresses.
Any advice? Is there some wait time?

Hi @bfount ,

1. Payments with blockchain domains only work with our supported wallets. We’re actively working on integrations so more wallets will follow.
  2. See the warning at the top of this guide. You can not manage domains through Ledger at the moment. We’re working on fixing the issue with Ledger but there is no timeline. You can transfer the domain to a different wallet with Opensea for the time being.

Hi @Mago,
This is quite frustrating that my domain(s) are stuck with the Ledger HW (I managed to register the owner ETH address but nothing since) and there seems to be no solution in sight. Can I get step-by-step instructions on how to transfer my domain from the currently registered Ledger HW with MetaMask to Opensea or whatever other non-HW solution exists?

Thanks.

Ledger needs to update their firmware as Trezor did some time ago.

Please send us an email to support@unstoppabledomains.com and we will provide the details how to move the domains from your Ledger hardware wallet.

Ledger can now be used with Guest Manage where domain owners set and pay the gas for the transaction.

Hello everyone.
I am new to this forum. And I have some problems.
After hearing about crypto domains I thought to give it a try. so I registered, Bought my first domain and tried to claim using metamask following the instructions which are not complicated. But the transaction seems to be stuck since nothing is showing on metamask. But if I check the transaction on etherscan it says success. and everything seems ok. Is it only a matter of time or is there a problem?

Welcome mehoody,

Can you please email support@unstoppabledomains.com so we can take a few more details, thanks.

I bought a domain as a gift.

How can I transfer it to them?

If it’s .crypto ask the receiver to give you the wallet address that they have the private key for and the transfer is covered here.

We would recommend they use a Metamask wallet on a desktop device and then they can manage the domain by creating an account on our site and adding the wallet in the same way you did when you claimed the domain.

Adding a wallet is also covered in that same guide.

1 Like

Thank you.

I’d like to transfer the right to post, create a website, etc for the entire domain.

Can you help me with that?

Thank you,
John