There is a known bug with Ledger (through Metamask) that will currently not let our users sign management transactions. We are aware of the issue and working on a solution. For the time being please use a different method to claim the domains. It will be possible to transfer the domains to Ledger later.
You can connect Metamask with Ledger to your Unstoppable Domains account to claim your .crypto domains starting December 11th. We recommend using the Chrome browser for the time being as it currently shows the best support for Metamask.
Make sure that contract data is turned on for your Ledger device. This is completed by following this guide.
1. Metamask is available as a browser extension on Chrome, FireFox, Opera, and Brave. You can download Metamask here .
2. Install Metamask. Please see this tutorial video for information on how to create your Metamask wallet.
3. Sign into your Metamask account with the password information from Step 2. Click Log In.
4. Click the account icon in the top right corner of the extension. Next, click on the Connect Hardware Wallet item from the drop down menu.
5. Click on Ledger. Next click on Connect. Once the account is connected it will be just like any other Metamask account except you need to have the Ledger connected to sign transactions.
6. Go to UnstoppableDomains.com and select “Account Settings”.
7. On your settings page:
- Press “Add Wallet”
- Press the “.CRYPTO” tab
- Press “Connect Wallet”
8. Metamask will automatically open and ask you to “Connect” and then “Sign” the transaction. Make sure the Ledger is plugged into your computer.
9. After you sign the transaction, the Ledger wallet will be connected to your Unstoppable Domains account. You will then be able to claim your .crypto domains to this wallet starting December 5th.