Video tutorial available here.
Claiming is the process of pushing your domains from our database, on to the blockchain, and into your cryptocurrency wallet. Once a domain is claimed, the user has full custody over their domain. If you wish to sell or gift a domain you must first claim the domain.
When you have obtained your json file as per the guide below you should copy it to at least one USB stick and ensure you safeguard your passphrase. Together they form the private key and domain management will not be possible without them.
WALLETS If you have a lot of .zil domains you might want to claim them to several wallets as the smart contracts currently prevent you from managing another domain in the same wallet if you have a pending transaction for another domain in the wallet.
Currently you must use a unique passphrase for each wallet you create on our site which is something you should do for all wallets generally. You can also create additional wallets with json file and passphrase at zillet.io.
- Select "My Domains"
- Go to .zil tab, select domains you want to claim and click on "CLAIM .ZIL"
- Select "Create Wallet". If you already have a ZIL wallet with keystore/passphrase, go to Step 6.
- Create Passphrase (store this passphrase in a safe place). Your passphrase can be any phrase you choose with a minimum 8 characters. We recommend 13 characters in length.
- Download your "Keystore" file. Store your keystore file in a safe place! If you lose it, you will lose access to your domains.
- Now that you have created your self-custody wallet you can select "Import Wallet"
- Upload your keystore (the file you downloaded in step 5) and enter your passphrase
- Select "I Understand" and "Confirm". “This action is irreversible” means your one time claim for the .zil domain to the ZIL wallet address will be recorded on Zilliqa forever (blockchain immutability), it does not mean you can’t move the domain to another wallet.
- Congratulations! You have now taken full custody of your .zil domain and you own it for life!