- We plan to use ethereum, which already has great tools and a lot of apps that support it. We plan to create an extension that doesn’t mention a specific chain, but is instead meant for the entire crypto community. Zilliqa has low transaction costs so it has benefits that the ethereum extension won’t have.
- Yes. For every dollar you’ve spent on .zil domains, you’ll get that amount of credits for the new extension.
- Sorry, can’t say. Most have been consumer brands or financial institutions.
Contracts are now open sourced. We just published a blog about how it works, please check our our medium page for more details.
Designed for a novice user so they can send money from an exchange account. Instead of having the domain auto go to the sender, which could cause issues for new users.
Forces designation of both parties and auto checks on our front end to prevent scams
First smart escrow transfer of a domain name that we are aware of.
- Not at this time. We’re waiting for it to get easier to buy zilliqa
- You can now point your domain name to an IPFS hash. Users can now look up your name on chain, see the IPFS hash, and be able to resolve the content - likely through an IPFS gateway like Cloudflare, etc. This is the very beginning stages of website for .zil domains. It is now possible to build a full website, publish to IPFS, and have others find the content through blockchain lookup.
- You are permissioning UD to make transactions on the blockchain records associated with your domain name. For example, this allows Unstoppable to setup your crypto addresses for you in the manage section. It also allows Unstoppable to pay the tx fees for you. This does mean that for the period of time that Unstoppable Domains is set as the operator on your account it is able to configure the blockchain contracts associated with your name. Still for higher security please unlink Unstoppable as an operator when you are done managing your names. Unstoppable never has the ability to transfer your name or assume ownership, just the ability to manage your names.
I noticed that there are Chinese investors behind Unstoppable Domains and Zilliqa. Does this affect the unstoppable nature of .zil domain names? Will it affect the future fairness and stability of the zil domain name?
- We do not have Chinese investors, but even if we did, it wouldn’t matter. The domains are on the blockchain. Even we can’t stop them.
- Not for a while. The first step is for websites to get more popular, then traditional search engines will have an incentive to index them. Initially, you will see portals that suggest top websites, similar to how Yahoo started in the 90’s
- We just had Coinomi integrate. We have active conversations with many big wallets.
- Blockchain domains don’t use DNS. Browsers, extensions, and wallets read the blockchain directly to find your blockchain records and resolve the domain from there.
- Going great. We’ve had a lot of interest and see it as a success so far.
- Viewblock is a block explorer and as such allows users to easily see all blockchain transactions. ZNS is a domain name system built on the blockchain, so they are able to watch the blockchain and then provide information about smart contract calls and data stored on chain.
- We’re working on easy decentralized website deploy, the mobile backup app, and likely another iteration on escrow smart contracts before we tackle pro features for domain management.